- an uncastrated male sheep.；the zodiacal sign or constellation Aries.
- roughly force (something) into place；(of a vehicle or vessel) be driven violently into (something, typically another vehicle or vessel) in an attempt to stop or damage it
verb: ram, 3rd person present: rams, gerund or present participle: ramming, past tense: rammed, past participle: rammed
noun: ram, plural noun: rams
- 1. an uncastrated male sheep.
- ▪ the zodiacal sign or constellation Aries.
- 2. a battering ram.
- ▪ historical a beak or other projecting part of the bow of a warship, for piercing the sides of other ships.
- 3. the falling weight of a piledriving machine.
- 4. a hydraulic water-raising or lifting machine.
- ▪ the piston of a hydrostatic press.
- ▪ the plunger of a force pump.
- 1. roughly force (something) into place he rammed his stick into the ground 同義詞
- ▪ (of a vehicle or vessel) be driven violently into (something, typically another vehicle or vessel) in an attempt to stop or damage it their boat was rammed by a Japanese warship
- ▪ crash violently against something the stolen car rammed into the front of the house 同義詞
- ▪ beat (earth) with a heavy implement to make it hard and firm in former times, earth was rammed manually
- 2. British informal be very crowded the bar was rammed with United supporters