- an action performed or a feeling experienced in response to a situation or event；a person's ability to respond physically and mentally to external stimuli
noun: reaction, plural noun: reactions
- 1. an action performed or a feeling experienced in response to a situation or event Carrie's immediate reaction was one of relief 同義詞
- ▪ a person's ability to respond physically and mentally to external stimuli a skilled driver with quick reactions
- ▪ an adverse physiological response to a substance that has been breathed in, ingested, or touched such allergic reactions as hay fever and asthma
- ▪ a chemical process in which two or more substances act mutually on each other and are changed into different substances, or one substance changes into two or more other substances.
- ▪ an analogous transformation of atomic nuclei or other particles.
- ▪ a mode of thinking or behaving that is deliberately different from previous modes of thought and behavior the work of these painters was a reaction against fauvism 同義詞
- ▪ opposition to political or social progress or reform the institution is under threat from the forces of reaction 同義詞
- ▪ repulsion or resistance exerted in opposition to the impact or pressure of another body; a force equal and opposite to the force giving rise to it.