- in a suitable state for an activity, action, or situation; fully prepared；(of a thing) made suitable and available for immediate use
- available money; cash.
- prepare (someone or something) for an activity or purpose
- 1. in a suitable state for an activity, action, or situation; fully prepared are you ready, Carrie? I began to get ready for bed 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a thing) made suitable and available for immediate use dinner's ready! could you have the list ready by this afternoon? 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ keen or quick to give I'm always ready with a wisecrack
- ▪ in need of or having a desire for I expect you're ready for a drink she always looks ready for a fight
- ▪ eager, inclined, or willing to do something she is ready to die for her political convictions 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ in such a condition as to be likely to do something by the time he arrived he was ready to drop 同義詞
- 2. easily available or obtained; within reach there was a ready supply of drink the murderer knew that the mallet would be ready to hand
- ▪ immediate, quick, or prompt those who have ready access to the arts a girl with a ready smile 同義詞
- 1. British informal available money; cash.
- 1. prepare (someone or something) for an activity or purpose the spare transformer was readied for shipment she had readied herself to speak first