- bring (a fact, event, or situation) back into one's mind; remember；cause one to remember or think of
- an act or instance of officially recalling someone or something；the removal of an elected government official from office by a petition followed by voting.
verb: recall, 3rd person present: recalls, gerund or present participle: recalling, past tense: recalled, past participle: recalled
noun: recall, plural noun: recalls
- 1. bring (a fact, event, or situation) back into one's mind; remember I can still vaguely recall being taken to the hospital Annie recalled the event that led to the rift in their friendship 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ cause one to remember or think of the film's analysis of contemporary concerns recalls 同義詞
- ▪ bring the memory or thought of someone or something to (a person or their mind) the smell of a black-currant bush has ever since recalled to me that evening
- ▪ call up (stored computer data) for processing or display students can recall templates or stored formats
- 2. officially order (someone) to return to a place the Panamanian ambassador was recalled from Peru 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ select (a sports player) as a member of a team from which they have previously been dropped the Fulham defender has been recalled to the Welsh squad for the World Cup
- ▪ (of a manufacturer) request all the purchasers of (a certain product) to return it, as the result of the discovery of a fault.
- ▪ bring (someone) out of a state of inattention or reverie her action recalled him to the present
- ▪ archaic revoke or annul (an action or decision) he sent another note to Lord Grey recalling his earlier communication 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. an act or instance of officially recalling someone or something a recall of Parliament 同義詞
- ▪ North American the removal of an elected government official from office by a petition followed by voting.
- 2. the action or faculty of remembering something learned or experienced he has amazing recall people's understanding and subsequent recall of stories or events 同義詞
- ▪ the proportion of the number of relevant documents retrieved from a database in response to an inquiry.