- practice (a play, piece of music, or other work) for later public performance；supervise (a performer or group) that is practicing for later public performance
verb: rehearse, 3rd person present: rehearses, gerund or present participle: rehearsing, past tense: rehearsed, past participle: rehearsed
- 1. practice (a play, piece of music, or other work) for later public performance we were rehearsing a play she was rehearsing for her world tour 同義詞
- ▪ supervise (a performer or group) that is practicing for later public performance he listened to Charlie rehearsing the band 同義詞
- ▪ mentally prepare or recite (words one intends to say) he had rehearsed a thousand fine phrases
- ▪ state (a list of points, especially those that have been made many times before); enumerate criticisms of factory farming have been rehearsed often enough 同義詞
- (of a performance or performer) insufficiently rehearsed.
- practise (a play, piece of music, or other work) for later public performance: we were rehearsing a radio play she was rehearsing for her world tour