- the way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected; a thing's effect on or relevance to another；the way in which two or more people or groups feel about and behave toward each other
noun: relation, plural noun: relations
- 1. the way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected; a thing's effect on or relevance to another questions about the relation between writing and reality the size of the targets bore no relation to their importance 同義詞 connection, relationship, association, link, correlation, ... 更多
- ▪ the way in which two or more people or groups feel about and behave toward each other the improvement in relations between the two countries the meetings helped cement Anglo-American relations 同義詞 dealings, associations, communication, relationship, connections, ... 更多
- ▪ formal sexual intercourse we had stopped having relations of any kind they can take vows of chastity, and give up sexual relations entirely 同義詞 sex, sexual intercourse, intercourse, lovemaking, making love, ... 更多
- 2. a person who is connected by blood or marriage; a kinsman or kinswoman she was no relation at all, but he called her Aunt Nora 同義詞 relative, member of someone's/the family, one's (own) flesh and blood, next of kin, family, ... 更多
- 3. the action of telling a story.