- send (someone) back to their own country；return to one's own country
- a person who has been repatriated.
verb: repatriate, 3rd person present: repatriates, gerund or present participle: repatriating, past tense: repatriated, past participle: repatriated
noun: repatriate, plural noun: repatriates
- 1. send (someone) back to their own country the last German POWs were repatriated in November 1948
- ▪ return to one's own country the majority came to America as migrant workers who intended to repatriate to Hungary
- ▪ send or bring (money) back to one's own country foreign firms would be permitted to repatriate all profits
- 1. a person who has been repatriated.