- say again something one has already said；say again (something said or written by someone else)
- something that occurs or is done again；a repeated broadcast of a television or radio programme
verb: repeat, 3rd person present: repeats, gerund or present participle: repeating, past tense: repeated, past participle: repeated
- 1. say again something one has already said ‘Are you hurt?’ he repeated Billy repeated his question 同義詞
- ▪ say again (something said or written by someone else) he repeated the words after me she repeated what I'd said 同義詞
- ▪ say or do the same thing again she was fretful and kept repeating herself
- ▪ used for emphasis force was not—repeat, not—to be used
- 2. do (something) again or more than once earlier experiments were repeated on a larger scale 同義詞
- ▪ broadcast (a television or radio programme) again the thirteen episodes from the first two series were constantly repeated 同義詞
- ▪ undertake (a course or period of instruction) again Mark had to repeat first and second grades
- ▪ occur again in the same way or form I don't intend to let history repeat itself
- ▪ US illegally vote more than once in an election.
- ▪ North American attain an achievement again, especially by winning a championship for the second consecutive time the first team in nineteen years to repeat as NBA champions
- ▪ (of a watch or clock) strike (the last hour or quarter) over again when required a watch repeater that repeats hours and quarters
- 3. British (of food) be tasted intermittently for some time after being swallowed as a result of belching or indigestion that cucumber repeated on me for hours
- 1. something that occurs or is done again the final will be a repeat of last year 同義詞
- ▪ a repeated broadcast of a television or radio programme she goes home alone to TV dinners and repeats of ‘I Love Lucy’ 同義詞
- ▪ occurring, done, or used more than once a repeat prescription a repeat offender
- ▪ a consignment of goods similar to one already received.
- ▪ a decorative pattern which is repeated uniformly over a surface rugs with simple repeat patterns
- ▪ a passage intended to be repeated.
- ▪ a mark indicating a passage to be repeated.