- say something in response to something someone has said；write back to someone one has received a letter or email from
- a verbal or written answer；the action of answering someone or something
verb: reply, 3rd person present: replies, gerund or present participle: replying, past tense: replied, past participle: replied
noun: reply, plural noun: replies
- 1. say something in response to something someone has said he was gone before we could reply to his last remark she replied that she had been sound asleep 同義詞 respond, answer, say in response, rejoin, return, ... 更多
- ▪ write back to someone one has received a letter or email from she replied with a long letter the next day 同義詞 answer, respond, acknowledge, write back, take the bait, ... 更多
- ▪ respond by a similar action or gesture they replied to the shelling with a heavy mortar attack on the area
- 1. a verbal or written answer I received a reply from the firm's managing director “No,” was the curt reply
- ▪ the action of answering someone or something I am writing in reply to your letter of June 1
- ▪ a response in the form of a gesture, action, or expression we scored the first goal and they hit a late reply
- ▪ a plaintiff's response to the defendant's plea.
- (of an envelope or card) having the postage for a reply prepaid.
- a coupon used for prepaying the postage for the reply to a letter sent to another country.
- say something in response to something someone has said: he was gone before we could reply to his last remark she replied that she had been sound asleep
- a verbal or written answer: I received a reply from the managing director ‘No,’ was the curt reply