- subdue (someone or something) by force；restrain, prevent, or inhibit (the expression or development of something)
verb: repress, 3rd person present: represses, gerund or present participle: repressing, past tense: repressed, past participle: repressed
- 1. subdue (someone or something) by force the uprisings were repressed 同義詞 suppress, quell, quash, subdue, put down, ... 更多
- ▪ restrain, prevent, or inhibit (the expression or development of something) Isabel couldn't repress a sharp cry of fear
- ▪ suppress (a thought, feeling, or desire) in oneself so that it becomes or remains unconscious the thought that he had killed his brother was so terrible that he repressed it 同義詞 restrain, hold back, keep back, hold in, bite back, ... 更多反義詞 release, express
- ▪ prevent the transcription of (a gene).
- subdue (someone or something) by force: the uprisings were repressed