- subdue (someone or something) by force；restrain, prevent, or inhibit (the expression or development of something)
verb: repress, 3rd person present: represses, gerund or present participle: repressing, past tense: repressed, past participle: repressed
- 1. subdue (someone or something) by force the uprisings were repressed 同義詞
- ▪ restrain, prevent, or inhibit (the expression or development of something) Isabel couldn't repress a sharp cry of fear
- ▪ suppress (a thought, feeling, or desire) in oneself so that it becomes or remains unconscious the thought that he had killed his brother was so terrible that he repressed it 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prevent the transcription of (a gene).
- subdue (someone or something) by force: the uprisings were repressed