- a large natural or artificial lake used as a source of water supply.；a supply or source of something
noun: reservoir, plural noun: reservoirs
- 1. a large natural or artificial lake used as a source of water supply. 同義詞
- ▪ a supply or source of something tapping into a universal reservoir of information 同義詞
- ▪ a place where fluid collects, especially in rock strata or in the body.
- ▪ a receptacle or part of a machine designed to hold fluid. 同義詞
- ▪ a population, tissue, etc., that is chronically infested with the causative agent of a disease and can act as a source of further infection.
- a large natural or artificial lake used as a source of water supply: the more water we use, the more land has to be flooded for reservoirs