- tear or pull (something) quickly or forcibly away from something or someone；make a long tear or cut in
- a long tear or cut；an act of tearing something forcibly
verb: rip, 3rd person present: rips, gerund or present participle: ripping, past tense: ripped, past participle: ripped
noun: rip, plural noun: rips
- 1. tear or pull (something) quickly or forcibly away from something or someone a fan tried to rip his trousers off during a show countries ripped apart by fighting 同義詞 tear, snatch, jerk, tug, wrench, ... 更多
- ▪ make a long tear or cut in you've ripped my jacket
- ▪ make (a hole) by force the truck was struck by lightning and had a hole ripped out of its roof 同義詞 tear, slit, cut, gash, cleave, ... 更多
- ▪ come violently apart; tear the skirt of her frock ripped
- 2. move forcefully and rapidly fire ripped through her bungalow
- 3. North American informal scold or criticize harshly she ripped him for not being more thorough
- 4. use a program to copy (material from a CD or DVD) on to a computer's hard drive.
- 1. a long tear or cut there was a rip in his sweatshirt
- ▪ an act of tearing something forcibly he seemed to be saying with each rip of a page—how dare she enjoy reading books?
- 2. North American informal a fraud or swindle; a rip-off.