- relating to the countryside; rural.；having a simplicity and charm that is considered typical of the countryside
- an unsophisticated country person；a small brownish European moth.
noun: rustic, plural noun: rustics
- 1. relating to the countryside; rural.
- ▪ having a simplicity and charm that is considered typical of the countryside the unblemished charm of rustic life has been a perennial source of inspiration for the painter bare plaster walls and a terra-cotta floor give a rustic feel 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ lacking the sophistication of the city; backward and provincial you are a rustic halfwit 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. made in a plain and simple fashion rustic pottery 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ made of untrimmed branches or rough timber a rustic oak bench
- ▪ with rough-hewn or roughened surface or with deeply sunk joints a rustic bridge
- ▪ denoting freely formed lettering, especially a relatively informal style of handwritten Roman capital letter rustic capitals were much easier to form
- 1. derogatory an unsophisticated country person they paused to watch the rustics dance and carouse
- 2. a small brownish European moth.
- relating to the countryside; rural.
- an unsophisticated country person: they paused to watch the rustics dance and carouse