- an act of dismissing someone from employment；the pillaging of a town or city
noun: sacking, plural noun: sackings
- 1. informal an act of dismissing someone from employment the offence merited a written warning that could lead to a sacking
- 2. the pillaging of a town or city Edward took Caen and subjected it to a brutal sacking the sacking of Camulodunum
- 3. coarse material for making sacks; sackcloth.
- an act of sacking someone or something: the offense merited a written warning that could lead to a sacking
Oxford American Dictionary