- a tunnel or trench to conceal an assailant's approach to a fortified place.
- dig a sap or saps；make insecure by removing the foundations of
verb: sap, 3rd person present: saps, gerund or present participle: sapping, past tense: sapped, past participle: sapped
noun: sap, plural noun: saps
- 1. a tunnel or trench to conceal an assailant's approach to a fortified place.
- 1. historical dig a sap or saps having sapped up to the glacis of the city ramparts, Versaillais troops entered the city
- ▪ historical make insecure by removing the foundations of a crazy building, sapped and undermined by the rats
- ▪ historical undercut by water or glacial action the waves sapped the cliffs a valley or channel may have been formed as a result of sapping