- set apart from the rest or from each other; isolate or divide；separate or divide along racial, sexual, or religious lines
- an allele that has undergone segregation.；a species within an aggregate.
verb: segregate, 3rd person present: segregates, gerund or present participle: segregating, past tense: segregated, past participle: segregated
noun: segregate, plural noun: segregates
- 1. set apart from the rest or from each other; isolate or divide apprehensions about groups segregated from the rest of society
- ▪ separate or divide along racial, sexual, or religious lines black people were segregated in churches, schools, and colleges
- 2. (of pairs of alleles) be separated at meiosis and transmitted independently via separate gametes the gene pairs segregate at reduction division
- 1. an allele that has undergone segregation.
- 2. a species within an aggregate.