- the way in which something, especially an organization or equipment, is organized, planned, or arranged；an organization or arrangement
noun: set-up, plural noun: set-ups
- 1. the way in which something, especially an organization or equipment, is organized, planned, or arranged would you feel comfortable in a team-teaching set-up? 同義詞
- ▪ an organization or arrangement a set-up called Film Education 同義詞
- ▪ a set of equipment needed for a particular activity or purpose I have a recording set-up in my house
- 2. a scheme or trick intended to incriminate or deceive someone Listen. He didn't die. It was a set-up 同義詞
- ▪ North American a contest with a prearranged outcome.
- 3. (in a ball game) a pass or play intended to provide an opportunity for another player to score.