- (chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse；a person's genitals.
- determine the sex of；present something in a more interesting or lively way
verb: sex, 3rd person present: sexes, gerund or present participle: sexing, past tense: sexed, past participle: sexed
noun: sex, plural noun: sexes
- 1. (chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse they enjoyed talking about sex I didn't want to have sex with him 同義詞
- ▪ euphemistic a person's genitals.
- 2. either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and most other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions adults of both sexes 同義詞
- ▪ the members of either sex considered as a group she was well known for her efforts to improve the social condition of her sex 同義詞
- ▪ the fact of belonging to either the male or female sex the same allowances for childcare should be available to all single parents irrespective of sex the fish were separated by sex and held in storage tanks
- 1. determine the sex of sexing chickens
- 2. informal present something in a more interesting or lively way the department set up a task force to help sex up the concept of conserving water
- 3. informal arouse or attempt to arouse someone sexually.