- a pair of fetters connected together by a chain, used to fasten a prisoner's wrists or ankles together.；used in reference to something that restrains or impedes
- chain with shackles；restrain; limit
noun: shackle, plural noun: shackles
- 1. a pair of fetters connected together by a chain, used to fasten a prisoner's wrists or ankles together.
- ▪ used in reference to something that restrains or impedes society is going to throw off the shackles of racism and colonialism
- 2. a metal link, typically U-shaped, closed by a bolt, used to secure a chain or rope to something.
- ▪ a pivoted link connecting a spring in a vehicle's suspension to the body of the vehicle.
- 1. chain with shackles the prisoner was shackled to the heavy steel chair in the center of the room 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ restrain; limit they seek to shackle the oil and gas companies by imposing new controls 同義詞 反義詞