- make or become sharp or sharper；improve or cause to improve
verb: sharpen, 3rd person present: sharpens, gerund or present participle: sharpening, past tense: sharpened, past participle: sharpened
- 1. make or become sharp or sharper she sharpened her pencil her tone sharpened 同義詞 make sharp/sharper, hone, whet, strop, grind, ... 更多反義詞 blunt
- 2. improve or cause to improve they've got to sharpen up in front of the goal students will sharpen up their reading skills 同義詞 improve, brush up, polish up, better, enhance, ... 更多
- 3. British raise the pitch of (a note) by a semitone.
- make or become sharp or sharper: she sharpened her pencil her tone sharpened