- the state, fact, quality, or condition of being singular；a peculiarity or odd trait
noun: singularity, plural noun: singularities
- 1. the state, fact, quality, or condition of being singular he believed in the singularity of all cultures 同義詞
- ▪ a peculiarity or odd trait it is a singularity of the book that it contains such a wealth of illustrations 同義詞
- 2. a point at which a function takes an infinite value, especially in space–time when matter is infinitely dense, such as at the centre of a black hole.
- 3. a hypothetical moment in time when artificial intelligence and other technologies have become so advanced that humanity undergoes a dramatic and irreversible change maybe the singularity just happened, and we didn't notice
- the state, fact, quality, or condition of being singular: he believed in the singularity of all cultures
Oxford American Dictionary