- a long, narrow cut or opening
- make a long, narrow cut in (something)；cut (something) into strips
verb: slit, 3rd person present: slits, gerund or present participle: slitting, past tense: slit, past participle: slit
noun: slit, plural noun: slits
- 1. a long, narrow cut or opening make a slit in the stem under a bud arrow slits 同義詞
- 1. make a long, narrow cut in (something) give me the truth or I will slit your throat he slit open the envelope
- ▪ cut (something) into strips a wide recording head magnetizes the tape before it is slit to domestic size
- ▪ form (one's eyes) into slits; squint.