- not affected by alcohol; not drunk.；serious, sensible, and solemn
- make or become sober after drinking alcohol；make or become more serious, sensible, and solemn
verb: sober, 3rd person present: sobers, gerund or present participle: sobering, past tense: sobered, past participle: sobered
- 1. not affected by alcohol; not drunk. 同義詞 not drunk, not intoxicated, clearheaded, as sober as a judge, teetotal, ... 更多反義詞 drunk
- ▪ serious, sensible, and solemn a sober view of life his expression became sober 同義詞 serious, sensible, solemn, thoughtful, grave, ... 更多反義詞 lighthearted, frivolous, sensational, emotional
- ▪ free from alcoholism; not habitually drinking alcohol I've been clean and sober for five years
- ▪ muted in color a sober gray suit 同義詞 somber, restrained, subdued, severe, austere, ... 更多反義詞 flamboyant
- 1. make or become sober after drinking alcohol that coffee sobered him up I ought to sober up a bit 同義詞 become sober, become clearheaded, informaldry out, make sober, clear someone's head, ... 更多
- ▪ make or become more serious, sensible, and solemn his expression sobered her 同義詞 become (more) serious, settle (down), relax, soften, steady, ... 更多
- serious, sensible, and composed: a sober-minded man not known for sentiment
- completely sober
- (born 1936), West Indian cricketer; full name Sir Garfield St Aubrun Sobers. During his test ...
- not affected by alcohol; not drunk.
- make or become sober after drinking alcohol: that coffee sobered him up I ought to sober up a bit