- (of a plant) put out shoots；grow (plant shoots or hair)
- a shoot of a plant；young shoots, especially of alfalfa, mung beans, or soybeans, eaten as a vegetable.
noun: sprout, plural noun: sprouts
- 1. (of a plant) put out shoots the weeds begin to sprout 同義詞
- ▪ grow (plant shoots or hair) many black cats sprout a few white hairs 同義詞
- ▪ (of a plant, flower, or hair) start to grow; spring up crocuses sprouted up from the grass 同義詞
- ▪ appear or develop suddenly and in large numbers plush new hotels are sprouting up everywhere
- 1. a shoot of a plant the flower pots are full of green sprouts
- ▪ young shoots, especially of alfalfa, mung beans, or soybeans, eaten as a vegetable.
- 2. short for Brussels sprout