- all the people employed by a particular organization；the teachers in a school or college
- provide (an organization, business, etc.) with staff
noun: staff, plural noun: staffs
- 1. all the people employed by a particular organization a staff of 600 hospital staff were not to blame 同義詞
- ▪ the teachers in a school or college a staff meeting
- 2. a group of officers assisting an officer in command of an army formation or administration headquarters the Polish General and his staff
- ▪ short for staff sergeant
- 3. a long stick used as a support when walking or climbing or as a weapon a shepherd's staff he adopted literature as the staff of his pilgrimage 同義詞
- ▪ a rod or scepter held as a sign of office or authority. 同義詞
- ▪ short for flagstaff
- ▪ a rod for measuring distances or heights.
- 4. a set of five parallel lines and the spaces between them, on which notes are written to indicate their pitch.
- 1. provide (an organization, business, etc.) with staff legal advice centers are staffed by volunteer lawyers