- a quantity or supply of something kept for use as needed；a place where things are kept for future use or sale
- keep or accumulate (something) for future use；retain or enter (information) for future electronic retrieval
noun: store, plural noun: stores
- 1. a quantity or supply of something kept for use as needed the squirrel has a store of food her vast store of knowledge 同義詞
- ▪ a place where things are kept for future use or sale a grain store 同義詞
- ▪ supplies of equipment and food kept for use by members of an army, navy, or other institution, or the place where they are kept cupboards for medical stores he keeps the ship's stores 同義詞
- ▪ British a computer memory.
- 2. North American a shop of any size or kind a health-food store 同義詞
- ▪ British a large shop selling different types of goods DIY stores a store manager 同義詞
- ▪ British a shop selling basic necessities a well-stocked village store
- 3. a sheep, steer, cow, or pig acquired or kept for fattening.
- 1. keep or accumulate (something) for future use a small room used for storing furniture 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ retain or enter (information) for future electronic retrieval the data is stored on disk the service allows clients to store unlimited files online
- ▪ have a supply of (something useful) a mind well stored with esoteric knowledge