- showing signs of nervous tension or tiredness；not relaxed or comfortable; tense or uneasy
- 1. showing signs of nervous tension or tiredness Jean's pale, strained face 同義詞
- ▪ not relaxed or comfortable; tense or uneasy there was a strained silence relations between the two countries were strained 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ produced by deliberate effort rather than spontaneously; artificial or forced she gave a strained laugh 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ far-fetched; laboured my example may seem a little strained
- 2. (of a limb or muscle) injured by overexertion or twisting.
- 3. (of a mainly liquid substance) having been strained to separate out any solid matter.