- a room where an artist, photographer, sculptor, etc. works；a place where movies are made or produced.
noun: studio, plural noun: studios
- 1. a room where an artist, photographer, sculptor, etc. works mostly the painting is done in the studio, working from drawings
- ▪ a place where movies are made or produced.
- ▪ a room where musical or sound recordings can be made the Department of Music has a professional recording studio
- ▪ a room from which television or radio programs are broadcast, or in which they are recorded the broadcasts will be transmitted from the Middlesbrough studios
- ▪ a place where performers, especially dancers, practice and exercise its dance studio is spacious enough to cater for aerobics classes
- 2. a film or television production company the big names are being snapped up by major studios in the film capital a big-budget contract with a major studio
- 3. a studio apartment all apartments and studios have private facilities