- higher in rank, status, or quality；of high standard or quality
- a person superior to another in rank or status, especially a colleague in a higher position；the head of a monastery or other religious institution.
noun: superior, plural noun: superiors
- 1. higher in rank, status, or quality a superior officer the new model is superior to every other car on the road 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ of high standard or quality superior malt whiskies 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ greater in size or power deploying superior force
- ▪ above yielding to or being influenced by I felt superior to any accusation of anti-Semitism
- 2. having or showing an overly high opinion of oneself; conceited that girl was frightfully superior 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of a letter, figure, or symbol) written or printed above the line.
- 4. further above or out; higher in position.
- ▪ (of the ovary of a flower) situated above the sepals and petals.
- 1. a person superior to another in rank or status, especially a colleague in a higher position obeying their superiors' orders
- ▪ the head of a monastery or other religious institution.
- 2. a superior letter, figure, or symbol.