- an additional charge or payment；a charge made by assessors as a penalty for false returns of taxable property.
- exact an additional charge or payment from；mark (a postage stamp) with a surcharge.
verb: surcharge, 3rd person present: surcharges, gerund or present participle: surcharging, past tense: surcharged, past participle: surcharged
noun: surcharge, plural noun: surcharges
- 1. an additional charge or payment we guarantee that no surcharges will be added to the cost of your trip
- ▪ a charge made by assessors as a penalty for false returns of taxable property.
- ▪ the showing of an omission in an account for which credit should have been given.
- 2. a mark printed on a postage stamp changing its value.
- 1. exact an additional charge or payment from retailers will be able to surcharge credit-card users
- 2. mark (a postage stamp) with a surcharge.