- a flat slab of stone, clay, or wood, used especially for an inscription；another term for table
noun: tablet, plural noun: tablets
- 1. a flat slab of stone, clay, or wood, used especially for an inscription at the corner of the apse is a memorial tablet 同義詞
- ▪ another term for table
- 2. British a small disc or cylinder of a compressed solid substance, typically a measured amount of a medicine or drug headache tablets ecstasy tablets 同義詞
- ▪ British a small block or bar of soap. 同義詞
- 3. a small portable computer that accepts input directly on to its screen rather than via a keyboard or mouse.
- 4. North American a writing pad.
- 5. a kind of token giving authority for a train to proceed over a single-track line.
- 6. Scottish a traditional sweet made from sugar, condensed milk, and butter, resembling fudge but having a hard, grainy texture.
- a flat slab of stone, clay, or wood, used especially for an inscription: at the corner of the apse is a memorial tablet
Oxford American Dictionary