- a current score or amount；a record of a score or amount
- agree or correspond；calculate the total number of
verb: tally, 3rd person present: tallies, gerund or present participle: tallying, past tense: tallied, past participle: tallied
noun: tally, plural noun: tallies
- 1. a current score or amount that takes his tally to 10 goals in 10 games 同義詞 total, score, count, sum, result
- ▪ a record of a score or amount I kept a tally of David's debt on a note above my desk 同義詞 running total, count, record, reckoning, enumeration, ... 更多
- ▪ a particular number taken as a group or unit to facilitate counting.
- ▪ a mark registering a number or amount.
- ▪ an account kept by means of a tally.
- 2. historical a piece of wood scored across with notches for the items of an account and then split into halves, each party keeping one.
- 3. archaic a counterpart or duplicate of something the key is so cut as to form a tally with the interior machinery 同義詞 counterpart, match, mate, duplicate
- 4. a label giving information about a plant or tree.
- 1. agree or correspond their signatures should tally with their names on the register their books never tallied 同義詞 correspond, agree, accord, concur, coincide, ... 更多反義詞 disagree, differ
- 2. calculate the total number of the votes were being tallied with abacuses 同義詞 count, calculate, add up, total, enumerate, ... 更多
- a huntsman's cry to the hounds on sighting a fox.
- a cry of ‘tally-ho’: with a final tally-ho, they began wading forward
- utter a cry of ‘tally-ho’.
- a fast method of sheep shearing that allows a higher number of sheep to be processed in a given ... on the fifth day of shearing all the shearers were using tally-hi a tally-hi coaching class
- a place where votes are counted in an election: we'll cross live to the tally room for updates
- a system of selling goods on short-term credit or an instalment plan.
- a current score or amount: that takes his tally to 10 goals in 10 games
- agree or correspond: their signatures should tally with their names on the register
Oxford American Dictionary