- abstinence from alcoholic drink；the quality of moderation or self-restraint
- 1. abstinence from alcoholic drink Davies was a strict advocate of temperance more than two-thirds of the people there had publicly taken the pledge of temperance 同義詞 teetotalism, abstinence, abstention, sobriety, prohibition, ... 更多反義詞 bibulousness, crapulence
- 2. the quality of moderation or self-restraint the whole multitude of men lack temperance in their lives, either from ignorance or from want of self-control a story of the struggle to achieve temperance 同義詞 self-restraint, restraint, moderation, self-control, self-discipline, ... 更多反義詞 intemperance, excess, overindulgence
- a movement seeking restrictions on the consumption of alcohol.
- abstinence from alcoholic drink: Davies was a strict advocate of temperance more than two-thirds of the people there had publicly taken the pledge of temperance
Oxford American Dictionary