- on or relating to the earth；denoting television broadcast using equipment situated on the ground rather than by satellite
- an inhabitant of the earth.
- 1. on or relating to the earth increased ultraviolet radiation may disrupt terrestrial ecosystems
- ▪ denoting television broadcast using equipment situated on the ground rather than by satellite a fifth terrestrial channel
- ▪ (of a planet) similar in size or composition to the earth, especially being one of the four inner planets.
- ▪ archaic relating to the earth as opposed to heaven.
- 2. of or on dry land a submarine eruption will be much more explosive than its terrestrial counterpart
- ▪ (of an animal) living on or in the ground; not aquatic, arboreal, or aerial.
- ▪ (of a plant) growing on land or in the soil; not aquatic or epiphytic.
- 1. an inhabitant of the earth.