- any of the five digits at the end of the human foot；any of the digits of the foot of a quadruped or bird.
- push, touch, or kick with one's toe；strike (the ball) with the toe of the club.
verb: toe, 3rd person present: toes, gerund or present participle: toeing, past tense: toed, past participle: toed
noun: toe, plural noun: toes
- 1. any of the five digits at the end of the human foot he cut his big toe on a sharp stone
- ▪ any of the digits of the foot of a quadruped or bird.
- ▪ the part of an item of footwear that covers a person's toes socks that were holed at the toes
- 2. the lower end, tip, or point of something.
- ▪ the tip of the head of a golf club, furthest from the shaft.
- ▪ the base of a cliff, slope, or embankment valley widening and river meandering have eroded the toe of the slopes and caused new landslides
- ▪ a flattish portion at the foot of an otherwise steep curve on a graph the contrast potential of the printing is indicated by the steepness of the curve from shoulder to toe
- ▪ a section of a rhizome or similar fleshy root from which a new plant may be propagated.
- 1. push, touch, or kick with one's toe he toed off his shoes and flexed his feet
- ▪ strike (the ball) with the toe of the club.
- 2. walk with the toes pointed in (or out) he toes out when he walks
- ▪ (of a pair of wheels) converge (or diverge) slightly at the front on a turn, the inner wheel toes out more