- poisonous；relating to or caused by poison
- poisonous substances.
- 1. poisonous the dumping of toxic waste toxic chemicals
- ▪ relating to or caused by poison toxic hazards toxic liver injury
- 2. very harmful or unpleasant in a pervasive or insidious way a toxic relationship staff created a toxic work environment
- 3. denoting or relating to debt that has a high risk of default toxic debts
- ▪ denoting securities that are based on toxic debt and for which there is not a healthy or functioning market the financial system has become clogged with toxic assets
- 1. poisonous substances.