- a thorough or dramatic change in form or appearance；a metamorphosis during the life cycle of an animal.
noun: transformation, plural noun: transformations
- 1. a thorough or dramatic change in form or appearance its landscape has undergone a radical transformation
- ▪ a metamorphosis during the life cycle of an animal.
- ▪ the induced or spontaneous change of one element into another by a nuclear process.
- ▪ a process by which one figure, expression, or function is converted into another that is equivalent in some important respect but is differently expressed or represented.
- ▪ a process by which an element in the underlying deep structure of a sentence is converted to an element in the surface structure.
- ▪ the genetic alteration of a cell by introduction of extraneous DNA, especially by a plasmid.
- ▪ the heritable modification of a cell from its normal state to a malignant state.