- occur; happen；prove to be the case
verb: transpire, 3rd person present: transpires, gerund or present participle: transpiring, past tense: transpired, past participle: transpired
- 1. occur; happen I'm going to find out exactly what transpired 同義詞 happen, occur, take place, come about, come to pass, ... 更多
- ▪ prove to be the case as it transpired, he was right
- ▪ (of a secret or something unknown) come to be known; be revealed Yaddo, it transpired, had been under FBI surveillance for some time 同義詞 become known, become apparent, be revealed, be disclosed, come to light, ... 更多
- 2. (of a plant or leaf) give off water vapor through the stomata.
- (of a secret or something unknown) come to be known; be revealed: it transpired that millions of dollars of debt had been hidden in a complex web of transactions