- painful or laborious effort；labor pains
- engage in painful or laborious effort；(of a woman) be in labor.
verb: travail, 3rd person present: travails, gerund or present participle: travailing, past tense: travailed, past participle: travailed
- 1. painful or laborious effort advice for those who wish to save great sorrow and travail
- ▪ labor pains a woman in travail
- 1. engage in painful or laborious effort creation may travail in pain but it cannot escape its destiny
- ▪ (of a woman) be in labor.