- walk in a specified way；set one's foot down on top of
- a manner or the sound of someone walking；the top surface of a step or stair.
noun: tread, plural noun: treads
- 1. walk in a specified way the administration had to tread carefully so as not to offend the judiciary he trod lightly, trying to make as little contact with the mud as possible 同義詞
- ▪ set one's foot down on top of the youth stumbled and trod on Harry's shoe
- ▪ walk on or along shoppers will soon be treading the floors of the new shopping mall
- ▪ press down into the ground or another surface with the feet food and cigarette butts had been trodden into the carpet
- ▪ crush or flatten something with the feet the snow had been trodden down by the horses she stood on the floor of trodden earth 同義詞
- 1. a manner or the sound of someone walking I heard the heavy tread of Dad's boots
- 2. the top surface of a step or stair.
- 3. the thick molded part of a vehicle tire that grips the road.
- ▪ the part of a wheel that touches the ground or a rail.
- ▪ the upper surface of a railroad track, in contact with the wheels.
- ▪ the part of the sole of a shoe that rests on the ground.