- walk in a specified way；set one's foot down on top of
- a person's manner of walking or the sound made as they walk；the top surface of a step or stair.
noun: tread, plural noun: treads
- 1. walk in a specified way Rosa trod as lightly as she could the government had to tread carefully so as not to offend the judiciary 同義詞
- ▪ set one's foot down on top of the youth stumbled and trod on Harry's shoe
- ▪ walk on or along shoppers will soon be treading the floors of the new shopping mall
- ▪ press down or crush with the feet food had been trodden into the carpet 同義詞
- 1. a person's manner of walking or the sound made as they walk I heard the heavy tread of Dad's boots
- 2. the top surface of a step or stair.
- 3. the thick moulded part of a vehicle tyre that grips the road.
- ▪ the part of a wheel that touches the ground or a rail.
- ▪ the upper surface of a railway track, in contact with the wheels.
- ▪ the part of the sole of a shoe that rests on the ground.