- very great in amount, scale, or intensity；extremely good or impressive; excellent
- 1. very great in amount, scale, or intensity Penny put in a tremendous amount of time there was a tremendous explosion 同義詞 very great, huge, enormous, immense, colossal, ... 更多反義詞 tiny, small, slight, soft
- ▪ informal extremely good or impressive; excellent the crew did a tremendous job 同義詞 excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, ... 更多反義詞 bad, poor
- 2. archaic inspiring awe or dread.
- very great in amount, scale, or intensity: Penny put in a tremendous amount of time there was a tremendous explosion
Oxford American Dictionary