- (of a person or their eyes) not seeing clearly; appearing glazed or expressionless.；(of an optical device) not adjusted to focus
- 1. (of a person or their eyes) not seeing clearly; appearing glazed or expressionless.
- ▪ (of an optical device) not adjusted to focus perpetually unfocused binoculars
- ▪ (of a lens) not making incident light rays meet at a single point.
- ▪ (of an object of vision) not in focus; indistinct.
- ▪ (of feelings or plans) without a specific aim or direction my aspirations to write history were real but unfocused
- (of a person's eyes or gaze) not focusing on a particular person or thing: her eyes became unfocused with deep thought he had the bleary, unfocused look of a hangover