- simultaneous performance or utterance of action or speech；coincidence in pitch of sounds or notes
- performed in unison
noun: unison, plural noun: unisons
- 1. simultaneous performance or utterance of action or speech ‘Yes, sir,’ said the girls in unison
- 2. coincidence in pitch of sounds or notes the flutes play in unison with the violas
- ▪ a combination of notes, voices, or instruments at the same pitch or (especially when singing) in octaves good unisons are formed by flutes, oboes, and clarinets
- 1. performed in unison unison congregational singing
- a string in a piano or other instrument tuned to the same pitch (or to a pitch an octave ...
- simultaneous performance of action or utterance of speech: “Yes, sir,” said the girls in unison
- performed in unison: unison congregational singing
Oxford American Dictionary
- (in the UK) a trade union formed in 1993 and representing employees in the health service and ...