- take, hold, or deploy (something) as a means of accomplishing a purpose or achieving a result; employ；treat (someone) in a particular way
- the action of using something or the state of being used for a purpose；the ability or power to exercise or manipulate one's mind or body
verb: use, 3rd person present: uses, gerund or present participle: using, past tense: used, past participle: used
noun: use, plural noun: uses
- 1. take, hold, or deploy (something) as a means of accomplishing a purpose or achieving a result; employ she used her key to open the front door the poem uses simple language 同義詞 utilize, make use of, avail oneself of, employ, work, ... 更多
- ▪ treat (someone) in a particular way use your troops well and they will not let you down 同義詞 manage, handle, treat, behave toward, act toward, ... 更多
- ▪ exploit (a person or situation) for one's own advantage I couldn't help feeling that she was using me 同義詞 take advantage of, exploit, make use of, manipulate, take liberties with, ... 更多
- ▪ apply (a name or title) to oneself she still used her maiden name professionally
- ▪ take (an illegal drug) they were using heroin daily had she been using again?
- 2. take or consume (an amount) from a limited supply we have used all the available funds 同義詞 consume, get through, go through, exhaust, deplete, ... 更多
- 3. describing an action or state of affairs that was done repeatedly or existed for a period in the past this road used to be a dirt track I used to give him lifts home 同義詞 exercise, employ, apply, exert, bring into play, ... 更多
- 4. be or become familiar with someone or something through experience she was used to getting what she wanted he's weird, but you just have to get used to him
- 5. informal one would like or benefit from I could use another cup of coffee
- 1. the action of using something or the state of being used for a purpose modern trains are now in use a few years after penicillin came into use 同義詞 utilization, application, usage, employment, operation, ... 更多
- ▪ the ability or power to exercise or manipulate one's mind or body the horse lost the use of his hind legs
- ▪ a purpose for or way in which something can be used the herb has various culinary uses 同義詞 need, necessity, call, demand, occasion, ... 更多
- 2. the value or advantage of something what's the use of crying? 同義詞 usefulness, advantage, benefit, service, utility, ... 更多
- ▪ historical the benefit or profit of lands, especially lands that are in the possession of another who holds them solely for the beneficiary.
- 3. the habitual consumption of a drug theft and dealing financed their heroin use
- 4. the characteristic ritual and liturgy of a Christian Church or diocese.