- writing arranged with a metrical rhythm, typically having a rhyme；a group of lines that form a unit in a poem or song; a stanza
- speak in or compose verse; versify
verb: verse, 3rd person present: verses, gerund or present participle: versing, past tense: versed, past participle: versed
noun: verse, plural noun: verses
- 1. writing arranged with a metrical rhythm, typically having a rhyme a lament in verse verse drama 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a group of lines that form a unit in a poem or song; a stanza the second verse 同義詞
- ▪ each of the short numbered divisions of a chapter in the Bible or other scripture we were each required to recite a Bible verse from memory on the walls were framed verses from the Koran
- ▪ a versicle.
- ▪ a line of poetry.
- ▪ a passage in an anthem for a soloist or a small group of voices.
- 1. archaic speak in or compose verse; versify he began to verse extemporaneously in her ear thou sat all day, playing on pipes and versing love