- a person who has never had sexual intercourse；the mother of Jesus; the Virgin Mary.
- being, relating to, or appropriate for a virgin；not yet touched, used, or exploited
noun: virgin, plural noun: virgins
- 1. a person who has never had sexual intercourse she's still a virgin
- ▪ the mother of Jesus; the Virgin Mary.
- ▪ the zodiacal sign or constellation Virgo.
- ▪ archaic a young unmarried woman the parable of the wise and foolish virgins
- 2. a person who is naive, innocent, or inexperienced in a particular context a political virgin
- 3. a female insect that produces eggs without being fertilized.
- 1. being, relating to, or appropriate for a virgin his virgin bride 同義詞
- 2. not yet touched, used, or exploited acres of virgin forests virgin snow 同義詞
- ▪ (of clay) not yet fired.
- ▪ (of wool) not yet, or only once, spun or woven.
- ▪ (of olive oil) obtained from the first pressing of olives.
- ▪ (of metal) made from ore by smelting virgin aluminum