- move in a turbulent fashion；lie steeped in blood with no help or care.
- a large number of items in no order; a confused mass；a state of general disorder
verb: welter, 3rd person present: welters, gerund or present participle: weltering, past tense: weltered, past participle: weltered
noun: welter, plural noun: welters
- 1. literary move in a turbulent fashion the streams foam and welter
- ▪ literary lie steeped in blood with no help or care.
- 1. a large number of items in no order; a confused mass there's such a welter of conflicting rules
- ▪ a state of general disorder the attack petered out in a welter of bloody, confused fighting