- a twisting movement or course；a thing that winds or is wound round something.
- following a twisting or spiral course
noun: winding, plural noun: windings
- 1. a twisting movement or course the windings of the stream
- 2. a thing that winds or is wound round something.
- ▪ an electrical conductor that is wound round a magnetic material, especially one encircling part of the stator or rotor of an electric motor or generator or forming part of a transformer.
- 1. following a twisting or spiral course our bedroom was at the top of a winding staircase